Health and Safety
✔️ Common areas (including washrooms, elevators, and stairwells) will be cleaned hourly during peak times.
✔️ Studios (including sinks, chairs, and ballet barres) will be cleaned after every class.
✔️ Handwashing and sanitization will be required of students and staff.
✔️ In-person classes now have fewer students to accommodate physical distancing guidelines.
✔️ Only students and staff will be permitted in the Arts Umbrella building.
- South Surrey: parents, caregivers, and/or guardians must pick-up and drop-off students at the exterior door.
- Vancouver, Granville Island: parents, caregivers, and/or guardians may pick-up and drop-off students at designated spaces in the building and must leave during class time.
✔️ Physical barriers at front desk have been installed
✔️ Washrooms and elevators have capacity limits.
- South Surrey: one family or individual per washroom.
- Vancouver, Granville Island: Elevator capacity is four. Washrooms with more than one stall will have every other stall blocked off. Showers are unavailable for use at this time.
✔️ All Arts Umbrella staff have all completed a Health Check Declaration Waiver and Compliance Form before returning to work.
✔️ Upon entering an Arts Umbrella facility, staff must acknowledge they have no symptoms of cold, flu, or COVID-19.
✔️ To help prevent the spread of colds and viruses, all parents and/or guardians are required to complete a Student Health Declaration upon registration.
✔️ Students ages 6+ are required to wear a mask while in any Arts Umbrella facility, including studios, common areas, and Arts Umbrella transportation.
✔️ There may be instances in which a student will remove their mask in the studio (e.g. performing a monologue in theatre). The student removing the mask will be behind a barrier and proper mask hygiene will be followed. The area behind the barrier will be cleaned between students and only one student is permitted behind the barrier at a time.
✔️ Caregivers and/or parents in Parent & Me classes are required to wear a mask while in any Arts Umbrella facility, including studios and common areas.
✔️ Exemptions will be made for students who cannot wear a mask for medical reasons.
✔️ Students are encouraged to bring their own mask.
✔️ Arts Umbrella will have disposable masks available for students.
✔️ Students are encouraged to practice mask hygiene including:
- Do not touch eyes, nose, or mouth when removing a mask and wash hands immediately after removal.
- If a mask needs to be removed at any point during the class, it should not be placed directly on common area surfaces.
- Continue important practices in addition to wearing a mask including staying home when symptomatic, hand hygiene, and physical distancing.
✔️ Arts Umbrella welcomes religious coverings.
✔️ To discourage students from touching their faces, we recommend tying long hair back.
✔️ Bring water from home. Water fountains will not be accessible in the building.
✔️ Don’t wear your best clothes! Art smocks will not be provided.