How to Register
- Create an account or sign in to your Arts Umbrella account. Need help? Give us a call at 604.681.5268 (Granville Island) or 604.535.1127 (South Surrey).
- Select a week: Programs run weekly July 6-August 28, 2020. Some programs run over multiple weeks. See course descriptions for more information.
- Choose a location: Granville Island, South Surrey, or online.
- Filter by age: Classes are sorted by age. Let us know how old your child will be when the program begins to filter the search results.
- Select a program: Pick morning, afternoon, or online classes that suit your needs.
- Drop-off and pick-up: Drop-off and pick-up will be arranged at exterior doors, with direct entry to studios wherever possible. Parents are not permitted in the building unless they request to speak to Student Services. Physical distancing protocols will be in place at all times.
Finances shouldn’t prevent any child from participating. We have a bursary fund that’s open to applications for full or partial subsidy.
Visit artsumbrella.com/bursary for more information and to download an application form, or call our Student Services Coordinators.
Granville Island: 604.681.5268 x200
South Surrey: 604.535.1127
Good to Know
- Projects differ week to week. Join us multiple weeks!
- Due to COVID-19, students are responsible for their own nut-free snacks and water. We encourage students to come to class hydrated and full.
- Due to COVID-19 guidelines, we will not be offering lunch supervision to any students. Teens (ages 13+) are permitted to arrive and leave Arts Umbrella unaccompanied by an adult. Participants ages 9-12 are permitted to arrive and leave Arts Umbrella on their own only if their parent or guardian signs an Authorization Release Form. If your child is under 9 years old and registered for both a morning and afternoon program, parents must pick them up between classes.
- For safety reasons, students registered for in-person classes require a working understanding of English.
- For online classes that include supplies, art kits will be available for pick-up at Arts Umbrella during designated hours. You will receive an email with this information prior to the start date.
- In the case where an instructor is unable to teach due to illness, all efforts will be made to ensure an appropriate substitute is secured. Should a substitute not be available, the class may be cancelled and registrants will be provided with a pro-rated refund.
Withdrawals & Transfers
Withdrawal and transfer requests must be received in writing. Non-attendance or non-payment of outstanding fees does not constitute a formal withdrawal. Requests may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 604.681.5285.
Withdrawal Fees and Deadlines
A 10% withdrawal fee will apply for all withdrawals made one week or more before the program start date. A refund for the remaining balance will be issued. No refunds will be issued for withdrawals made under one week before program start.
Removal for Conduct
Arts Umbrella reserves the right to remove any student who fails to comply with our in-person and online student code of conduct. In such an event, fees for the complete program are due in full. Bursary recipients will be asked to reimburse all bursaries received. Read the student code of conduct at artsumbrella.com/student-conduct.
Illness or Injury
Due to COVID-19, if your child is registered for an in-person class and becomes ill and unable to attend class you will be eligible for a pro-rated refund without a signed physician’s note.
Students are not permitted to attend class if they are exhibiting any symptoms of a cold, flu or COVID-19, such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and difficulty swallowing, coughing or sneezing, or other symptoms as described by the Public Health Agency of Canada, the BC Ministry of Health and BC Centre for Disease Control, or is required to self-isolate. Any student that attends an Arts Umbrella class with these symptoms will not be permitted in the facility.