Dance Dress Code
- Long hair should be in a neat bun with all hair up and off the face.
- Short hair should be kept neatly out of the dancer’s face with hair clips or pins.
Required Dance Attire
Students should come to class ready and wearing proper dance attire. For ballet, jazz, Broadway jazz, and modern classes, students may choose from the following options:
Level 1-3: Purple Capezio Wide Strap
Level 4-7, APT, Pre-El 1/2, Teen: Black Capezio Wide Strap
APT, Pre-El 1/2, Teen: Black Capezio Camisole Leo
- Fitted black or white T-shirt
- Pink or skin-tone convertible tights
- Black leggings
- Black shorts
- Levels 1-3: Leather pink or black ballet shoes
- Levels 4-7: Canvas pink or black ballet shoes
- Pre-Elementary 1/2: Canvas pink or black ballet shot
- Teen Program: Canvas pink or black ballet shoe
The following dance classes require additional/alternative dancewear:
- Canvas character shoe (1.5-inch heel)
- Character skirt (rentals provided by Arts Umbrella instructor)
- Loose, comfortable clothing
- Indoor-only sneakers/runners
Please be aware that while the majority of required dance attire is ordered through Arts Umbrella Dance, Arts Umbrella does not supply footwear. Students are expected to purchase footwear independently. We recommend The Dance Shop located at 1089 W Broadway.
*Ballet shoes should be leather for beginners. Dancers should only transition to canvas ballet shoes with instructor approval.