Between the SPLASH-y fundraisers, cool collaborations and Arts Umbrella family successes (Yay!), there’s always lots to celebrate around here. In case you missed anything, we’ve compiled a list of recent articles from around the web so you can stay in the know:
- One of eight new Ballet BC dancers and Arts Umbrella Dance grad, Christoph von Riedemann discusses making the leap from student to professional.
- Arts Umbrella Dance instructor and Ballet BC choreographer, Leslie Telford talks about her new piece, An Instant, which debuts on the Queen Elizabeth Theatre stage November 6.
- Arts Umbrella Dance alumni, Maya Tenzer is set to make her debut with Ballet BC as an apprentice in No. 29.
- Another recent grad from the Arts Umbrella Dance program, Oksana Wengryniuk will debut with Ballet Kelowna November 7.
- Almost 400 guests attended the 32nd annual Splash gala at CBC this year. BC Business captured more than a few in their photo gallery.
- Vanhattan’s Man About Town, Free Lee was also at Splash. He wrote about the event for The Province and the Vancouver Courier.
- Another scribe on the scene, Malcom Perry ponders Splash guests’ shoe size and the generosity of donating artists.
- Last but not least, art students created a mini NYC… in Vancouver! And all proceeds benefited Arts Umbrella. Thank you Sons + Daughters.