Just in time for Halloween - make this life size kinetic skeleton
Halloween isn’t really Halloween without a spooky skeleton!
It’s a classic, really, so why not get creative this year and make your own? Here’s Roxanne Gagnon, Artistic Director, Visual & Media Arts instructions for how to create your own life-size kinetic skeleton that will definitely exercise your artistic bones! Oooooooooooo scaaaaaary!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- one or two pieces of railway board (depending on how big you want your skeleton), you can use any stiff paper
- paper fasteners
- water container
- Draw skeleton in parts with pencil; try to utilize the full sheet of railway board with as many body parts as possible. This may require two sheets if you want a “door” size skeleton. Otherwise fit to page.
- Once body parts are drawn, outline with ink. Feel free to use other materials and let your imagination take over.
- Once outlined, go in and create tonal value with water or again use colour it’s up to you!
- Once dry, you are ready to cut out all the pieces and build…
- Now you are ready to build it all together using paper fasteners and find a place to hang it and enjoy.