Arts Umbrella is committed to making the arts as readily accessible to as many children and youth in our communities as possible.
A bursary fund is designed to assist families overcome financial barriers to providing arts education to their children. Based on financial need, Arts Umbrella bursaries allow hundreds of children to register in tuition-based programs at a reduced rate. Arts Umbrella bursaries directly offset tuition fees for classes in Visual, Applied and Media Arts, Theatre, and Dance.
Apply for a bursary
All applications are held in confidence. Submission details are included on the application form.
Dance Refund Policy
Withdrawal and Refund Policy for year-long programs:
Requests for withdrawal must be forwarded in writing to the attention of the Registrar. Requests may be dropped off, faxed to 604.681.5285, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-attendance or non-payment of outstanding fees does not imply a formal withdrawal. Arts Umbrella will issue any eligible refund within thirty (30) days of receiving written notice.
In the case of illness or injury, a pro-rated refund may be issued when accompanied by a physician’s note.
Arts Umbrella reserves the right to cancel classes as required, in which case refunds would be issued.
Withdrawals and Transfers
Year-Long Program Withdrawals:
- 2 weeks before start of program – full refund less $100 non-refundable deposit.
- Once program has begun, before September 30 – Arts Umbrella retains 30%
- Between October 1 and December 1 – Arts Umbrella retains 50%
- After December 1 – Arts Umbrella retains 100%
Dance – Graduate Program:
A $100 administrative fee will apply to withdrawals. Arts Umbrella will refund program fees to students who withdraw (voluntarily or involuntarily) within each term as follows:
- Before the First Day of Term: 100% Refund (less administrative fee and deposit)
- First, Second, and Third Day of Term: 80% Refund (less administrative fee and non-refundable fees)
- Fourth, Fifth Day of Term: 50% Refund (less administrative fee and non-refundable fees)
- After Fifth Day of Term: No Refund
International Summer Dance Intensive
- Withdrawals: 2 weeks before start of program $150; not accepted after the deadline.
- In the case of illness or injury, a pro-rated refund may be issued when accompanied by a physician’s note.
- Transfers: No fee