AS A RESULT OF OUR 2011 TOUR:
• 4 dancers received contracts from Noord Nederlandse Dans, and 2 dancers received contracts with other companies in the Netherlands.
• 4 professional dance artists we met on tour came to Canada to set new choreography for Arts Umbrella, which was presented to Vancouver audiences.
• Choreographers we worked with had pieces commissioned by Ballet BC, including Medhi Walerski.
• 95% of AU graduates from 2011 were awarded professional dance contracts upon graduation from our program.
AS A RESULT OF OUR 2014 TOUR:
• 3 graduates received contracts with Nederlands Dans Theatre II, 1 graduate received apprenticeship with Spellbound Contemporary Dance (Rome) and 2 graduates received a contract with Theater Osnabrück (Germany).
• 2 professional dance artists we met on tour came to Vancouver as guest faculty for Arts Umbrella’s International Summer Dance Intensive.
• 2 choreographers we worked with came to Vancouver to choreograph for AUDC and were commissioned for new work by Ballet BC.
• 90% of AU graduates from 2014 were awarded professional dance contracts upon graduation from our program.
WHAT WILL COME FROM OUR 2017 TOUR?
• Invitations to perform in festivals such as Holland Festival, ITS Festival and, Julidans Festival
• Performance opportunity with Codarts School
• Performances, workshops and master classes with Nederlands Dans Theatre, Korzo Dance Festival, and NationaleBalletacademie, among others.
The invitations to perform in Europe in 2017 are a direct result of the connections and friendships made on tour in 2011 and 2014.
Be a key part of the future of international contemporary dance. Support Arts Umbrella Dance Company.