At Arts Umbrella, we have some big plans for Fall 2016. Big, big plans.
The 2016/17 Programming year will be filled with fun projects and innovative classes, along with a creative mix of new programs and a few surprises. Here’s a little about the brand new programs that we’re looking forward to this Fall:
- Surrey Centre Visual Arts classes: Our hub of community programs at Arts Umbrella Surrey Centre has expanded its programming with Visual Arts classes for ages 2-8 on Saturdays. And, the facility is only steps from the King George SkyTrain Station!
- Half-day Art Immersion is always a favourite. This Fall at Granville Island, we’re also adding a session on Monday afternoons, with long-time instructors Laura Jaszcz & Riba Kalb.
Children and Youth
Ages 6-8 and 9-12
- Boys Only Dance: 50% bursaries for this energetic, fun program (ages 6-12) are now available, and can be applied at registration.
- Unleash a superhero in Graphic Novel and Comic Illustration: One of our most popular Media Arts classes is now offered for ages 9-12 in both Vancouver and South Surrey. This one will fill up!
- Push your creative limits: New to our teen schedule at Granville Island we have Visual Culture (asking questions like: Why was Dada so radical? How was Cubism more truthful than photography?) and Mixed Media & Collage (developing an eye for uncovering traditional and non-traditional materials).
- Explore self-expression: In South Surrey, we’re thrilled to offer Digital Photography (with field trips and photo critiques) and The Art of Acting (broaching improv, film, and scene work).
Post-secondary and Emerging Professionals
Ages 18 and up
- Theatre Conservatory launches as a brand new, full-time program for young actors.
- Performance Research Program (PReP): Building on our internationally recognized post-secondary Dance training, this half-day program is designed for emerging dance professionals.